Spay & Neuter Services From Your Fountain Hills Veterinarian
At Friendship Pet Hospital, we take pride in putting pets first. Your Fountain Hills veterinarian, wants to do everything possible to prevent unnecessary pain and suffering. That is why we encourage you to schedule the appropriate surgery for your unaltered pets as soon as possible.
Spaying and neutering are common, routine procedures, but they’re also among the most important services we offer at our Fountain Hills animal hospital.
Benefits of Spay or Neuter Pet Surgery
Quite simply, spaying and neutering involves the removal of your pet’s reproductive organs. It’s a simple, low-risk surgery for most pets, but if you want to truly maximize the benefits and minimize the risks, we recommend getting the procedure as soon as your young pets are eligible for surgery. So, what are the benefits of spaying or neutering your pets?
- Lower Cancer Risks – Altered pets no longer have to worry about most cancers of the reproductive organs, and they also enjoy lower risks of breast cancer and other types of cancer
- Fewer Urinary Problems – Male cats are vulnerable to urinary tract infections, but neutering decreases this risk
- Decreased Marking – Spraying urine is a territorial behavior, and neutering your male cat or dog can prevent, stop, or reduce this behavior
- Less Likely to Flee – Escape attempts are also associated with reproductive urges, which can result in lost and confused pets unless you stop their reproductive cycles
- No Unwanted Litters – Of course, many local families believe spaying and neutering is part of their social responsibility as pet owners. Because pet overpopulation is still a big problem in Arizona and the rest of the world, it’s important to prevent any unwanted litters.
Protect your pets from confusing, painful, and irresponsible side effects of reproduction. Schedule your spay or neuter procedure at Friendship Pet Hospital.
Our Spay and Neuter Clinic in Fountain Hills
Our Fountain Hills veterinarian heads a team of talented veterinary professionals who will work together to minimize your pet’s stress and risks during their spay or neuter surgery. Before the procedure, Dr. Hoban will examine your pet. She will determine whether they’re a good candidate for surgery, tell you exactly how to prepare for the operation, and help you establish a consistent wellness regimen if necessary.
We spay and neuter adult cats and dogs, as well as puppies or kittens who have met our minimum age requirements. If you have a new pet, ask your veterinarian about our other preventative care options, such as core vaccinations and follow-up booster shots, parasite prevention products, and diet and exercise tips to keep your pets healthy and happy.
Call us today to learn more about our pet surgery clinic and other preventative veterinary services in Fountain Hills, AZ.