Puppy and Kitten Care from Our Animal Hospital in Scottsdale
You may regard your new puppy or kitten as a fun and exciting addition to the household, but don’t forget that with all that joy comes responsibility. Your baby animal needs essential health and wellness care to establish a solid foundation for a long and fulfilling life — and Friendship Pet Hospital can make it possible. Our animal hospital in Scottsdale provides all the primary preventative care puppies and kittens need.
Our Fountain Hills Veterinarian Helps Puppies and Kittens Thrive
Your puppy or kitten will be in good hands when you entrust his well being to our Fountain Hills veterinarian, Dr. Lynne Hoban. We understand that these animals are in a particularly vulnerable position during the first year of life, requiring closer scrutiny and more assistance than a healthy adult might. That’s why we provide such valuable services as:
- Puppy/Kitten Wellness Exams – Any new puppy or kitten 6 weeks of age or older should be given a comprehensive exam, not only to check for any problems that might require immediate treatment but also to establish a record for future comparisons. We will check your pet’s external appearance, vital signs, weight, skin and sensory responses while administering lab tests and looking for signs of parasite problems.
- Pet Vaccinations – Puppies and kittens aren’t born with their immune systems primed against commonplace, deadly diseases. Our Fountain Creek veterinarian will give your pet vaccinations against rabies, distemper and other potential killers, beginning at 6 to 8 weeks and then repeating the vaccinations several times during that first formative year to build up disease immunity.
- Flea and Tick Prevention – Fleas and ticks are another cause of deadly disease transmission, not to mention allergic dermatitis from their bites — and for baby animals, a major flea infestation can even lead to fatal blood loss. We can provide a flea and tick prevention program to keep your little family member safe from these pests.
- Parasite and Disease Control – Internal parasites such as worms can drastically affect the health of any pet, especially puppies and kittens. Our parasite and disease control services can keep your pet free of whipworms, roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms. We can also protect your pet against deadly heartworm infestations.
- Spay and Neuter Surgery – It might not occur to you to sexually sterilize a puppy or kitten, but the best time to perform spay and surgery is before your pet reaches puberty. Spay and neuter surgery eliminates or reduces the risk for several types of cancer, along with the hormonal shifts that lead to hazardous behaviors such as roaming and aggression.
Call Our Animal Hospital in Scottsdale Today!
Your puppy or kitten’s bright future begins with today’s intelligent steps toward a lifetime of optimal health and wellness. Call Friendship Pet Hospital today at (480) 889-0881 to schedule the necessary care for your little friend at our animal hospital in Scottsdale!